"Our background and circumstances may have influenced who we are, but we are responsible for who we become."

Sunday, September 2, 2012

The paths life take you on...

For those of you who have followed my blog, you may have gotten on here and noticed that I cleaned it up a bit and by that I mean all my posts are gone. I've been doing a lot of let's call it reorganization in my life and finding out who I am and after going through and reading my old posts, there are just some memories and some people that I would like to put behind me for the time being.
I have been officially been in Albany for one month now and I have to say that I absolutely love it. This move has been the best thing for me by far and has gotten me really motivated and excited for what is to come ahead whatever path that may be. I was talking to my grandma on the phone the other night stressing about how I was going to make rent and stressing about my financial aid money and I said to her, "Can you imagine if I had gone to Pacific University?". Intially, that was my plan...Forest Grove, Pacific University, being a Boxer! But it all fell through, but now I look back and realize it all happened for a reason and I am grateful to be where I am. Now I'm a RoadRunner...haha interesting yeah I know, but soon to be a Beaver...Finally<3
 
It's time for me to get deep on you bloggers...these past two months have been full of life lessons. I kept thinking, "How many more God are you going to throw at me? How much longer are you going to test my strength?" I had friendships tested, my home life tested, and my emotional strength made even stronger. Things have changed and there is no denying that. Some for the good for all, some for the good for me and bad for others, some for the bad of us both. I'm beginning to find myself as a person now that I don't have anyone's problems to hide behind, now that I don't have anymore situations to try and fix other than my own. Life on my end, focusing soully on me, is good. Basically to some it up:
1. Trust is like a mirror. Once it's broken, there will always be a crack. You are the only person you can trust.

2. As much as you want to, you can never fix someone. I have tried and tried to help, to mend, but that is in their hands now and I have let them go.

3. Lastly, where ever you go, go with all your heart.

 
On a lighter note, I am down to six days till I return home to good ol' Pendleton to see Jake Owen and kick off Round-Up! Let 'Er Buck baby! I am beyond excited! It's going to be a good time, with good people, and good music! Can't wait to see Shelb and the rest of the Pendleton crew! Especially my momma and my bro! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment