"Our background and circumstances may have influenced who we are, but we are responsible for who we become."

Monday, July 15, 2013

This Crazy Beautiful Life

It's been far too long since I've updated my blog. Between all the chaos this summer started out with, I'm just now getting the chance to sit down and write.
 

This fall I will be attending Eastern Oregon University. Words cannot express how extremely happy I am about it. As difficult as it was to leave my second family down there in Albany(tears were definitely shed), I am so relieved to be out of the valley and back into Eastern Oregon. I haven't felt this happy with my life in a long time. I'm living a healthier lifestyle, discovering my faith again and have a peace inside me knowing I'm exactly where I belong. 
I was driving home from work a couple nights ago and in my rear view mirror I watched the sky paint itself beautiful, rich colors of pinks, purples, and oranges. I admired the miles of golden wheat fields waiting to be cut and as I came down Rieth Ridge into Pendleton I watched the horses grazing on the hillside. With country music playing through my speakers, I arrived home on a natural high, appreciating this beautiful scenery all around me. 



At church yesterday, I was embraced by so many people and watched others embrace each other in our congregation and I felt the joy and happiness of being reunited with another second family of mine. 


As I sit back and reflect on life right now, even though I don't have much money and I'm working 12+ hour days to make a living, I wouldn't change a thing. My drive home reminds me how beautiful this area and simple life is and I wouldn't want to be anywhere, but here. It also continues to remind me how blessed I am. Life is such a beautiful thing and I am so excited  for the future ahead of me. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment