"Our background and circumstances may have influenced who we are, but we are responsible for who we become."

Sunday, October 28, 2012

Halloween Corvallis Style...

Hello Sunday, for some it's the relaxing day before the next work week, for others it's recovery day to take care of the massive hangover from the night before. For me it's a relaxing day(except for the fact I have to work at 2:30..boo). I'm sitting in my old recliner watching the pouring rain outside my sliding glass door and listening to the sermon from my church back home.
Even though I'm not a religious person necessarily, I believe I am spiritual and am still in search of what I really believe. But listening to Pastor Rick preach gives me a sense of comfort and ease. It's nice to hear the voice of the kind hearted teddy bear of a man back home and to hear encouraging words. It's nice to hear the congregation chiming in and laughing. It's nice to hear familiar sounds of where I'm from.
Friday night I drove up to Independence and carved pumpkins with Jade and Liz. It was super fun and was great to get into the Halloween spirit, plus our pumpkins turned out super cute!
 
 

















Last night Jasmine, Joey, Shelby, and I dressed up and went to Corvallis to check out the frats and the house parties, but unfortunately most of the frats were list only and we couldn't find the one to get into. The people who had house parties lined up for us ended up bailing or going to a frat. So in the end we came back to my apartment and just sat around and bs'ed, nothing to special. I was excited to get my first college Halloween experience, so it was kind of a let down. Oh well, there is always next year. At least we looked cute!



Next week is midterms, lucky me. So it's time to kick it into high gear and get my studying on. Till next time bloggers! Have a safe and Happy Halloween! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment