"Our background and circumstances may have influenced who we are, but we are responsible for who we become."

Monday, November 26, 2012

Thank God for Hometowns...

Well it's Monday and back to the grind, unfortunately. I got back last night from a much needed trip back home.

I left Albany at about 12:45 or so and hit the road, Eastern Oregon bound. I rolled into McNary to visit my Grandpa at about 5:45 or so. It was so wonderful to see him! We sat and visited for a few hours. He can make me laugh so hard. He noticed my iPhone and said, "Wow that's a pretty nifty device you got there. Can I take a look?" So I said sure why not. It was sitting on his hard counter top when I slid it over to him and he took his finger and delicately touched the screen. Well coincidentally my mom called at the same time he touched it, so it started vibrating and blasting country music(keep in mind it's still on the counter so the vibrating is very loud). He jumped so far, jerked his hand back and knocked over his keys and other nick knacks he had on the counter behind him. "Well God Damn! I think my granddaughter is the only person who has a phone that sounds like a rattlesnake!" he exclaimed while clutching his chest, "I thought that was going to be the big one!" Hahaha oh Grandpa!

At about 8 I hit the road to Pendleton. There is nothing more beautiful than coming off Rieth ridge at night to see Pendleton all lit up. I'm not gonna lie, I shed a tear or two of relief and excitement coming into town.
 
I took the first exit so I could take a quick detour through town, then I got home, ran in the door and hugged my brother and my mom. It was such a marvelous feeling to be home after 2 1/2 months.
Wednesday I got up and ready and went to visit everyone. I first stopped by my grandma's and visited with her briefly, then I made my way out to my grandparents house and visited with them for a while. Then I met up with Chey and we had lunch and I got to check out her new place in town. Then I drove out to Pilot Rock and surprised Shelby. I hung out with her for a while and then headed back into town to 76 to see Caden, while I waited on Cammeron. Cammeron and I then drove around for a little bit after seeing Tyler and Brad. Then I went up to Shari's with Tyson and Hannah and got to catch up with them. After that I met Zack, Shelby, and Katelynn at Wildhorse and we watched Breaking Dawn Part 2. By that time it was midnight, I was beat and I headed straight home and crashed.
Thursday we headed over the mountain to go have Thanksgiving with my Uncle and his family. My cousin recently had a baby so we got to see him for the first time and he is such a doll! We spent most our afternoon out there and then headed back to Pendleton. I then went out to my grandparents house to see all my family there. All of my grandma's brothers and their wives were there, all my aunts, uncles, and cousins showed up, and then my dad as well. It was so great seeing everyone and catching up.
Then I headed up to Caden's house to see his puppies. Such cute puppies! I want one SO bad, it's not even funny. Then we decided to go for a drive. I took him to all the back roads and places that I have found and he showed me some of his. We saw a ton of deer. Then out of nowhere, Caden, being a brave soul, decided to ask me if I wanted to try and drive his truck. Um hell yes of course I want to drive the truck. But people please keep in mind it is a Dodge Cummins, 6 speed. I was only taught how to drive a stick once when I was sixteen or so and it was a Jetta. All I have to say is thank god Caden is patient because oh my heck I was so bad at it! Hahaha SO BAD.I killed it at least 2 or 3 times hahaha, but I did kind of feel like a badass, would've felt even more badass if I actually knew what I was doing(especially enough to actually go over 15 or 20mph ;) ). I was also still in my dress and flats from earlier, so I had to hike up my dress and move the seat so far forward and my legs were still stretching. I even have a battle wound from my shin hitting the dash to reach and push the clutch in all the way. It was short lived, but so fun. Like I said thank god for Caden's patience.






 
 
Friday, my mom and I went to lunch at Great Pacific and then went to see Breaking Dawn(third time for me, first for her). It was so much fun being able to spend time with her. We went home and then later that night I went out to Shelby's for a little bit.
Saturday I went out to my grandparents house and spent some time with them. Then Kas and I convinced Det to go for a drive with us. So we picked up Rayne and I took them out to this haunted house that Caden had showed me Thursday night and I took them to a few other places. But it was fun, we got lectured by Det on boys, which is always funny. Beavers got their ass kicked in the civil war, unfortunately, but not surprising. Then I went back home and spent most the night with my mom.
Sunday morning my mom, grandma and I went out to breakfast at Roosters(Our fav!) and my grandma started telling us that she tried learning the Gangnam Style dance on Ellen the other day, I was laughing so hard picturing my 75 year old grandmother doing the Gangnam Style dance in her living room. Then we got back home, I loaded up my stuff and said goodbye to my mom. Then I took my brother out to get his girlfriend and while we were out in Mission a horse on the loose ran out in front of my car. We then took one last drive through town, yelled at some people. I dropped him off, said our goodbyes. I then went and said goodbye to my grandparents. I went up to D&B before I left to say goodbye to Shelby and while I was in there I got the best magnet EVER!
 
 
All in all it was a great trip and I was sad to leave as always, but only 1 more month and I will be back for Christmas break and it will be a blast!! I miss everybody terribly already. But now it's time to get ready for finals week, dun dun dunnnnnnn ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment