"Our background and circumstances may have influenced who we are, but we are responsible for who we become."

Tuesday, December 31, 2013

2013 Reflection

Ah readers! I am SO sorry for having neglected my page! My life has been super busy, but good and here's an update for you!
So we are down to 52 days till my sweet nephew Luke arrives! In mid November I went down to Albany and hosted a baby shower for him and Shelby. It turned out so great and she made out with a lot of great stuff for her sweet baby boy! Now we are just waiting for his arrival. I will have my bags packed and ready to go around the end up January waiting on her phone call saying it's time!

At the end of November it marked three years that Tricia has been gone. I miss her so much and not a day goes by that I don't think of her. I'm happy to say that as I reflect on where I am now in my grievance, I can say that I can look at it in a positive light and no longer dwell on the unfairness of the situation. Her accident was a tragedy that altered my life forever, but instead of dwelling on how awful it is that she is gone, I can look at the joy she brought me while she was alive and how she still does through her sweet kids.
In early December this girl got a boyfriend...UM SAY WHAT?! Yep you heard me right readers. It was an adjustment for me, but I'm really truly happy and it's hard to believe that we are almost at a month together! Time flies when you are having fun! We have a lot in common and click really well. :)

So now here we are, December 31st of 2013 and as I look back on this year I have a lot to be thankful for. 2013 brought me a new happier healthy me with 40lbs lost and my first 5k, as well as providing me with a new stress release in the gym rather than food. It came with important decisions such as the one to leave Albany and come back to Eastern Oregon, probably one of the best decisions I have made even though that did mean leaving my second family in the valley, but I am happy to say that even though I am gone we still keep in contact and I have made many trips down there to stay with them. I am thankful for my dads life as he very well could have been taken from me early this summer with his brain hemorrhage. I got to work at an awesome job this summer with PGG and loved every minute of it! August brought great memories with Shelby and Eric at the Willamete Country Music Festival in Brownsville. I went to some pretty awesome parties and met some pretty awesome people. Round Up was another success this year and got to spend some good quality time with my kids. 2013 brought my heartache, happiness, love and some good life lessons. 
I am excited to see what 2014 brings me, as my new relationship develops and I finish out my junior year of college. I believe that 2014 is going to bring me new opportunities to better myself and even better memories!

Well readers that's all for now...Have a safe and happy New Year! Talk to you all next year! ;) 


No comments:

Post a Comment