"Our background and circumstances may have influenced who we are, but we are responsible for who we become."

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

This Wicked World...

It's been far too long since I posted on here. This term is going great. Not working was the best decision as far as my schooling goes. I have been able to apply myself and actually enjoy it rather than dread it.
But tonight I lay here awake with my mind racing. My past has done a good job of catching up with me tonight. It's haunting me with a fear that I wasn't even fully aware that I had. We all have a story to tell, but you guys don't need to hear mine. All you need to know is that my past made me who I am and for that I am extremely proud. It has molded me and motivated me.
And now here I am in Albany working on my higher education, really truly finding myself...finally. What I don't understand is how I have all these wonderful things going for me and all these amazing supporters and I am truly happy...but at the same time so sad. Don't get me wrong, I'm by no means depressed or anything, but I have never felt so alone. I guess I expected more of the fun, social college experience when I moved down here...when in reality I spend almost all my time alone. It's on nights like these though, that I let my past remind me what I'm working for and then I push it out of my mind because the past is the past for a reason, I don't live there anymore.
On a more positive note, I'm heading home Friday for a much needed three day weekend and it's also my pops 70th birthday! Woohoo! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment